Dear Friends and Family,Thank-you for joining me in my journey with my
hearing loss and walk with the Cochlear Implant. I want to start this blog not
only to keep you posted but also share my journey and how God is working in my
life through this trial. I have been encouraged by others in their journey
through hearing loss and the steps that they have taken with the cochlear
implant. One of my goals through this blog is be an encourager to others as
they may take this journey like myself.Thanks for taking the time to walk
with me in this journey and support me through this time. It is neat seeing how
God is working in my life through this time. I hope you enjoy.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Almost 2 days

Thank-you to everyone who spent time praying with me today as my surgery is basically 2 days away.  It is hard to believe, I remember when I started counting the days down it was 51 and it is now fast approaching.  I feel very blessed to have so many people praying and supporting me, I really appreciate it. 
Imagine yourself being a kid again at Christmas or your birthday, all that excitement that you have with the big day.  This is how I am feeling with this surgery.  I view any little moment with hearing as a gift and that with my hearing improving through this surgery is a HUGE gift for me.  I have to say the one thing I am looking forward to hearing most is my family and friends voices and to understand them clearly. 
The sermon was very encouraging to me today as it reminded me in facing challenges no matter how big or small they may be, to "come and see" and trust in him to lead me through.  I may be weary somedays and feel frustrated and overwhelmed with the trials that I am facing, but God is sustaining me through them as I need to remind myself to rest in him.  I know what ever the outcome of the surgery and whatever God has in store for me, he will provide and sustain me through this journey and lead me through.
Tonight I got to spend time with my family as my sister is up from MD with the kids.  It is always a joy to see Penny and Austin.  They have certainly filled out family with joy as we continue to miss my mom.  I have to say you know that they are here or at least Austin is b/c the sweeper is always out.  He will be a great house cleaner soon. 
The words from "Everlasting Lord" stick into my mind from the message and the closing song "Come to Me"
Have a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment