Dear Friends and Family,Thank-you for joining me in my journey with my
hearing loss and walk with the Cochlear Implant. I want to start this blog not
only to keep you posted but also share my journey and how God is working in my
life through this trial. I have been encouraged by others in their journey
through hearing loss and the steps that they have taken with the cochlear
implant. One of my goals through this blog is be an encourager to others as
they may take this journey like myself.Thanks for taking the time to walk
with me in this journey and support me through this time. It is neat seeing how
God is working in my life through this time. I hope you enjoy.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Day of visitors and Sunshine

Today was a full day with many visitors and surprises.  Thanks to everyone who came and brought something special.  It made my day.  I spent quite a bit of time out in the sun and reading.  I am progressing as expected and the continued up and down dizziness is expected from time to time.  I have contacted my doctor and it is okay and good for me to do some light walking which will help me to regain more my balance and strength. Nothing strenguous though.  I am just being cautious with the allergies as pollen counts are high and that does affect the menieres.  I continue to be in good spirits, but yes there are frustrating times.  I continue to ask for prayer that this does help the menieres and doing the light walking will help my balance more, just using a cane or support of someone.  this is one thing I have been itching to do.  I did take several laps around my apartment building today with the cane. 
I am amazed how much the incision is healing up and my hair is growing back.  I think I will just let it grow back rather than cut it. Activation will be three weeks from Friday and longing for that date and appointment with doctor.  It will give me  a better picture of returning to work.  I will be meeting with my OVR counselor again the end of April (it is an organization that helps people work with disabilities).
In the meantime I am enjoying reading and spending more time writing and journaling and praying through this time.  I am feeling strengthened and encouraged by many people from church and family. Any little thing, I much appreciate.  So Thank-You.   It makes a difference. I am grateful for the little hearing left in my left ear even though it is fading too, but I am learning to communicate in different ways but appreciate the little sounds that I do hear.  I am realizing that it is something that we take for granted in life.  I never imagined that I would lose my hearing, but I remain in trusting God that he has a plan for me through all of this.  He is greater than I can imagine.
Thanks again for the support and prayers.  Attached is a pictures of yellow croucous's from the mountain house.  They open and close as I am reminded of how God created them, and even though my hearing may be fading, a new chapter of hearing is going to open up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment