Dear Friends and Family,Thank-you for joining me in my journey with my
hearing loss and walk with the Cochlear Implant. I want to start this blog not
only to keep you posted but also share my journey and how God is working in my
life through this trial. I have been encouraged by others in their journey
through hearing loss and the steps that they have taken with the cochlear
implant. One of my goals through this blog is be an encourager to others as
they may take this journey like myself.Thanks for taking the time to walk
with me in this journey and support me through this time. It is neat seeing how
God is working in my life through this time. I hope you enjoy.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Some things worth the wait

Now that the Surgery is done, activation is right around the corner and God is teaching me the patience I need through this time.  I am overwhelmed with the goodness of Gods grace as people are reaching out to help and lend the help I need right now.  So grateful.
When they activate me they will be testing my other ear to do a CI in that ear.  Yes another hearing test and my favorite thing in the world right?  But it is all part of the process in me to hear better and that is the end result :)
I am grateful for everone lifting my spirits up and keeping me in a positive mode as this recovery is not easy.  We are talking of doing PT to help my balance and not thrilled but if it will help to get me back to running and biking I am for it.  I am still in for running a 1/2 marthon in September with some friends, something to look forward and a goal to have in mind. 
I have been on antibotics and it has caused thrush in my mouth so they have discontinued that and changed some medications for me.  Thanks for everyone helping me out with the surgery and anything I need during this journey into hearing.  Rough but possible.
God is with me all the way.  Hopefully I make sense the medications make me loopy :)
"THose who wait upon the Lord will renew their strength...Teach me Lord to Wait."

No comments:

Post a Comment