Dear Friends and Family,Thank-you for joining me in my journey with my
hearing loss and walk with the Cochlear Implant. I want to start this blog not
only to keep you posted but also share my journey and how God is working in my
life through this trial. I have been encouraged by others in their journey
through hearing loss and the steps that they have taken with the cochlear
implant. One of my goals through this blog is be an encourager to others as
they may take this journey like myself.Thanks for taking the time to walk
with me in this journey and support me through this time. It is neat seeing how
God is working in my life through this time. I hope you enjoy.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

It is day three since the CI surgery and Amber continues to be a trooper. Since she is still in a lot of pain and experiencing nausea and vertigo/dizziness, simple tasks of sitting up, standing, or walking short distances are a challenge and require two people to help. But she is slowly making progress and the dizziness is not uncommon after CI surgery.
 
Amber was able to sleep a little better last night with less coughing interruptions. Due to the nausea, Amber has only been able to tolerate Gatorade, sips of water, and baby food (which she likes).
 
Today Amber enjoyed getting her first warm bath/shower since the surgery and is looking forward to getting a “funky” hairdo to keep her hair out of the incision area.

Despite it all, she is finding opportunities to laugh and smile and is enjoying the times spent with friends and family that stop by to visit her.

Since Amber is confined to her recliner, her church friend Lauren has been kind enough to stay with her 24/7 the last few days and nights to help. This has been a great blessing. More friends are needed to step up to help Amber for the next days/nights and possible weeks, until she is more secure on her feet.

Amber is grateful for all the prayers and support she has received from her friends and family. So please keep it up.

Well that is all for now. More updates will come. So stay tuned….  (written by Kara)

No comments:

Post a Comment