Dear Friends and Family,Thank-you for joining me in my journey with my
hearing loss and walk with the Cochlear Implant. I want to start this blog not
only to keep you posted but also share my journey and how God is working in my
life through this trial. I have been encouraged by others in their journey
through hearing loss and the steps that they have taken with the cochlear
implant. One of my goals through this blog is be an encourager to others as
they may take this journey like myself.Thanks for taking the time to walk
with me in this journey and support me through this time. It is neat seeing how
God is working in my life through this time. I hope you enjoy.

Friday, March 23, 2012

Rough Patches

It has been quite a week for me with some ongoing vertigo happening.  I feel mainly it is coming from my left ear which is not the one that was implanted.  My right ear I have still the dizziness from the surgery and not sure if 1 attack was in that ear.  This week it was certainly the left as my hearing decreased again :(.  I was so grateful for the help that people stepped in to help me through it and the afterward feeling, trying to get my stomach to settle from it.  There are rough patches in this recovery from this type of surgery.  The most affected right now is my balance and the dizziness. My spirits remain high, but with this last episode the one thing that I wanted most was my mom and was quite upset.  Even though it was rough, I know things will improve and need to allow myself to rest.  I guess I got to have people sit on me sometimes as it is hard for me wanting to run, but I know my body cannot take it right now and I will be back to running, biking soon.  I am making strides in taking short walks but get exhausted still very easily.  Since it has been very nice out, I have taken a lawnchair outside and rest outside for a change.  This journey has not been easy, but not giving up and determined every step of the way and know that God is right with me each moment.  Thanks for all your prayers and support through this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment