Dear Friends and Family,Thank-you for joining me in my journey with my
hearing loss and walk with the Cochlear Implant. I want to start this blog not
only to keep you posted but also share my journey and how God is working in my
life through this trial. I have been encouraged by others in their journey
through hearing loss and the steps that they have taken with the cochlear
implant. One of my goals through this blog is be an encourager to others as
they may take this journey like myself.Thanks for taking the time to walk
with me in this journey and support me through this time. It is neat seeing how
God is working in my life through this time. I hope you enjoy.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

4 day POST OP and Chipper

Four Days since my CI surgery.  Recovery has been rough but staying positive and up beat attitude. I just keep in my mind that things will improve and and looking forward to hearing again.  I am not using any hearing aids right now b/c of the bandage and using more sign language and writing things out. 
My experience with JH has been amazing.  Beofre leaving on Thursday I saw my doctor and audioliogist and they are all thrilled that things are going well and love seeing my positive attitude despite the pain, it is worth it.  My Dad just keeps on telling me to give it time and REST, REST, REST.  When they activate me if you have not heard they are going to re-evaluated my other ear and try to set a date for surgery on that ear as well b/c it is going down so fast.  They are also going to work more in treating the menieres too and getting that settled down.  We are working on seeing about getting me a walker to help.
I been getting a big kick out of my bandage decorating it and having fun with flunky hair dues.   I am so grateful for family and friends helping me out and being a support through this time and having the company I need.  Hug Answer to prayer.  God is sustaining me each moment.  
For a story, when I walked into the OR with the surgircal team I made sure I had a strong person to help, (my doctor's collegeus).  We walked in to gether as we were walking into a prom and said "I am sorrry I forgot to get you a coursage."  Just an Awesome team of care they have been.  I am in great hands.  My courasge is now on my ear. 
My Right ear is swollen and red but no infection yet.  One day at a time.  It is neat seeing thr humor and positve attititude I have right now.  Having any barain surgery or type is not easy.  My friends and I decided when I come to church we ar all going to wear our hair flunky for me.  Thanks for your prayers and support.  Let me know if there is anything that you think of that could be of help. 
AMber
"I can do all things though him who gives me strength"

No comments:

Post a Comment