Dear Friends and Family,Thank-you for joining me in my journey with my
hearing loss and walk with the Cochlear Implant. I want to start this blog not
only to keep you posted but also share my journey and how God is working in my
life through this trial. I have been encouraged by others in their journey
through hearing loss and the steps that they have taken with the cochlear
implant. One of my goals through this blog is be an encourager to others as
they may take this journey like myself.Thanks for taking the time to walk
with me in this journey and support me through this time. It is neat seeing how
God is working in my life through this time. I hope you enjoy.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Change of scenery Thanks to Dad

This weekend I got out of the house, which was nice and to our mountain house. Although I was not able to do the normal hiking and active things, we had a great time and rode on the 4 wheeler making sure I made no quick head turns and got to visit mom's memorial spot. We saw some signs of spring with crocous blooming and shoots of the mountain flowers coming up at mom's memorial. And yes it got to be 80 up there. Next time it is kayaking time. :)  I am able to get around with the support of a person or using a cane. I have to admit I am getting quite ansty, wishing I could go for a long run in this beautiful weather and do my normal things. As I unpacked I bent over and yes have to be very careful.  But I am learning that I need to be patience and take it slow.  I hope by next week to try some short distance walks with people and having support.  Any takers? They encourage a little to help me to regain my balance back.
I still wear out quickly, but all that I am feeling with the woozies (dizziness) is normal and sometimes worse than others.  I did have a vertigo episode last week, so still watching that.  My incision is healing and my hair is starting to grow back making it feel fuzzy.  I am still deciding if I want to cut it short and let it all grow back to it normal or wait for it to grow back by itself. 
I am learning a lot of patience through this, even though there are periods that I am getting frustrated.  It is hard for an active person like me to be sitting and resting, but reading and watching movies and taking a lot of time to spend with God is passing time through and encouraging me through times of struggles.  Wednesday will be two weeks and about three weeks until my turn on date.  I am looking forward to hearing nature sounds and voices.  I know it will take time and patience but determined and ready. 
As I am getting antsy and restless the song "I am Hungry" comes to my mind, as I rest on him in needing his strength day by day. 

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you were able to spend some time up in the mountains this past weekend, Amber! Always a bright spot isn't it? The flowers are really beautiful..thank you for sharing them.
    Patience is really hard sometimes, but good things will come for you as you wait.
    I had forgotten about your blog and it is embarrassing to me as I should have communicated with you through your blog instead of fb. Please forgive me.
    Yes, the weather has been so gorgeous and Jerry and I have been walking and I have begun walking again with a friend of mine.
    You have always been our prayers especially for healing and hearing, Amber!

    Love you!
    Judy and Jerry

    ReplyDelete