Dear Friends and Family,Thank-you for joining me in my journey with my
hearing loss and walk with the Cochlear Implant. I want to start this blog not
only to keep you posted but also share my journey and how God is working in my
life through this trial. I have been encouraged by others in their journey
through hearing loss and the steps that they have taken with the cochlear
implant. One of my goals through this blog is be an encourager to others as
they may take this journey like myself.Thanks for taking the time to walk
with me in this journey and support me through this time. It is neat seeing how
God is working in my life through this time. I hope you enjoy.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

One week, One day post-op

Well it has been one week since I returned home from John Hopkins and had my CI surgery.  I am doing well and getting around with the support of a cane.  I started with a walker but have progressed to a cane.  I am trying to lessen the pain medication and continue to use ice.  My incision is looking good and my friend and I got creative with drawing smilies around my implanted ear.   It tells how I am grateful for this opportunity. It has been getting itchy and want to scatch but that is a "no no." Today has been a rougher day with balance and vertigo but taking it easy but practicing doing slow motions with my head.
I have been blessed to have someone visit each day to see me and tonight my sister is coming from MD with the kids to see me.  This has been encouraging and helping me keep my spirits high.  I am eager to get back into running and biking and have enjoyed the beautiful weather.  I even took a nap outside on Tuesday soaking the sun up. 
Yesterday and last night I was just encouraged but the people who visited me and having a worship night here at my place.  People bringing it to me.  It meant so much.  Even though I can't follow the songs I can read the words to the music and allowing those words sink into my heart was so powerful.  The one song we sang was "Never let Go" it always reminds me that God is right with me and that through challenging days and moments he is there as my comfort and to lean on him.  I often struggle with fear of acceptance and insecurities and the uncertain of my future and have to remind myself event though yes I have a disability and there are some things that I cannot do, I rather look at it more in what "I CAN DO."  My appearance on the outside does not reflect my heart on the inside.  It is hard for me coming to terms in using a cane and support for walking but at least I can learn other ways to manage.  THis is an ongoing struggle for me, but God accepts me for who I am in him.  Having my pastors come yesterday was another blessing and encouragement to me and taking the time to pray with me through this time period.   Before the countdown was for the surgery now it is the activation.  April 13th will be here before I know it and yes they will test my other ear for getting a CI in that one too.  One moment, one step at a time.  28 days to activation :)
Creativity with markers on my ear

Creative with Hair duos

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful smiles and yes, God is an awesome God and has much to teach all of us!

    Love you!
    Judy and Jerry

    ReplyDelete