Dear Friends and Family,Thank-you for joining me in my journey with my
hearing loss and walk with the Cochlear Implant. I want to start this blog not
only to keep you posted but also share my journey and how God is working in my
life through this trial. I have been encouraged by others in their journey
through hearing loss and the steps that they have taken with the cochlear
implant. One of my goals through this blog is be an encourager to others as
they may take this journey like myself.Thanks for taking the time to walk
with me in this journey and support me through this time. It is neat seeing how
God is working in my life through this time. I hope you enjoy.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

2 weeks Post- OP

I have reached the 2 week mark of post -op.  Doing well with making progress but some set backs, which they say is normal.  I will have some good days and not to good days.  But staying positive through each day and remind myself not to feel like a let down on the hard days.  Yesterday and today have been rough with dizziness and a spinning episode in the non implanted ear but creates pressure and pain in the implanted ear for me.  I have gone back to sleeping in the recliner b/c it is more comfortable and seem to get better rest than my bed right now, but will try the bed here and there. 
I am amazed with staying positive through this recovery and know that it is through all your prayers and support.  I am making strives even through the rough days and using a cane to walk around or holding onto someone for support.  They encourage and allow me to do light walking right now and that is good to retrain my brain with the balance.  Yesterday I manage with the support from a a friend to walk 1/2 mile.   Felt SO good, but yes I tire easy.  I still take naps and rests through the day but about 4-5 in the early evening I am worn out.  Setting goals for myself and know that the allergies are impacting me which I hear is normal.  My hair is starting to regrow back slowly, I still need to keep the hair away from the incision area.  From the front you can't notice it but the back you can.  I feel good about the progress I am making and thank everyone for the continue support and prayers.  God is certainly working in my life right now through this and helping me to remain positive but I have to say I do get frustrated with the limitations I have and i know it is temporary. I am finding different ways of managing aorund the house in the restrictions of no quick head turns or bending or washing dishes.  Using paper products right now but feel that I am wasting a tree.  Again it is only for now.  But there are simple things that I would not think that other suggest and that is helpful.  many people have asked the question already if I would consider doing the other ear and I would say "yes" even though I have not been activated I would go through with it again.  The song that keeps encouraging me is "I'm Hungry"  as I continue to know that I need Jesus through this time. 
I have about 3 weeks til activation and looking forward to that.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment