Dear Friends and Family,Thank-you for joining me in my journey with my
hearing loss and walk with the Cochlear Implant. I want to start this blog not
only to keep you posted but also share my journey and how God is working in my
life through this trial. I have been encouraged by others in their journey
through hearing loss and the steps that they have taken with the cochlear
implant. One of my goals through this blog is be an encourager to others as
they may take this journey like myself.Thanks for taking the time to walk
with me in this journey and support me through this time. It is neat seeing how
God is working in my life through this time. I hope you enjoy.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Th BIG Day

I am now just hours away from my surgery.  Still bursting with excitement.  I thought I would take a little time this morning to write beforehand as everyone else is eating breakfast and that I don't have to leave until 10, since my surgery is not until 1:30.  I am still amazed how I am staying calm and confident and just filled with excitement.  We arrived in MD last night around 10:45 due to traffic and accidents along the way.  I dozed and practiced some sign language with Kara.  I got something to eat before I went to bed and drank some water.  I did get some sleep but very little, but I know that I will be taking a long nap soon.  I am ready as ever and overwhelmed that I am just hours away from the surgery.  Soon will come the activation day and so looking forward to that.  The best part is being with Austin and Penny along with my family right now.  Austin greeted me with a hug and kiss this morning. Love that little guy and Penny gave me a big smile.
Thanks for all your prayers and support during this journey.  I will keep you posted and write as I feel able to.
I know that God is with me through this and never leaving my side.  Last night as I was awake the song "Everlasting God" played into my head, just putting my trust in him as I take this next step.   My dad and Kara are going to be with me today and my mom in spirits.  I have apart of her with me and always will.
Psalm 121 gives me the reassurance that I need today.
Yes I am hungry and thirsty.


                                  Before Picture (all my hair)
                                                                 THe Right Ear Markering


                                                  smilies the surgeron added to my bandage
                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment