Dear Friends and Family,Thank-you for joining me in my journey with my
hearing loss and walk with the Cochlear Implant. I want to start this blog not
only to keep you posted but also share my journey and how God is working in my
life through this trial. I have been encouraged by others in their journey
through hearing loss and the steps that they have taken with the cochlear
implant. One of my goals through this blog is be an encourager to others as
they may take this journey like myself.Thanks for taking the time to walk
with me in this journey and support me through this time. It is neat seeing how
God is working in my life through this time. I hope you enjoy.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Remembering Mom

Wow, I can't believe it that it has been 7 months since my mom went home to be with Jesus.  She is free of cancer and dancing with Jesus.  But yes I am really missing her right now as I am recovering and still struggling with ongoing vertigo episodes.  I know she is in my heart but it is not the same as her presently being here.
Right now I am learning patience as I am yes have to admit getting restless being at home a lot and not being able to do what I want to do.  I met with my allergist today and was quite interesting trying to communicate as I have noticed my left ear decrease from the last episode.  Glad to have someone with me to help. All this changing of weather is affecting me and the high pollen counts.  Since I am doing okay and not reacting to the allergy shots, we are going to continue them and praying that helps with my allergy symptoms.  Generally it takes 5 years of injections, I am only like 3 months passed a year so have some time to go.  The goal is not having to be on any medications for allergies with doing the shots.  This is the 3rd time I have tried them and so far doing better than the past, I had a serious reaction the one time and had to stop.  The allergies do have connection with the menieres (vertigo) episodes. 
I still tire very easy and regaining my balance slowly.  I may have to add in therapy right now to help.  As I reflect on this journey, yes it is a long one, God is teaching me a lot of patience today and helping me to be reassured that he is in control. 
Two verses that stick out to me and encourage me today are
Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (this was one verse that my mom loved through her treatment and one that is always an encouragement to me and reminds me that he has a far greater plan for me in life that I may not see right now)
Isaiah 40:39 "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." (this verse gives me courage and reminds me to be patient and put my trust in him as I am growing restless waiting for my turn on date and with this journey that I am on with my hearing loss and vertigo)
As I remember my mom today and always I am reminded of her determination and perservance that she had in life, as well as her passsion for Christ.  She never gave up and let her cancer tie her down.  She left that with me and will always be an inspiration in my life. She left a big impact on my life, one I will never let go of.  We all miss you mom.
18 days til turn on and my world gets Noisy :)

1 comment:

  1. Great scriptures to live by, Amber! Your Mom is a wonderful inspiration to all of us and an awesome example to us too! Love you, Amber!

    aunt Judy

    ReplyDelete