Dear Friends and Family,Thank-you for joining me in my journey with my
hearing loss and walk with the Cochlear Implant. I want to start this blog not
only to keep you posted but also share my journey and how God is working in my
life through this trial. I have been encouraged by others in their journey
through hearing loss and the steps that they have taken with the cochlear
implant. One of my goals through this blog is be an encourager to others as
they may take this journey like myself.Thanks for taking the time to walk
with me in this journey and support me through this time. It is neat seeing how
God is working in my life through this time. I hope you enjoy.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

And the one week marker

i am amazed how time flies.  I remember my appointment December wpth and failing the hearing test and finding out that  I was a "candidate" for the cochlear implant.  I never thought that I would be excited in failing a test like that.  Prior to other hearing I was more upset finding out my hearing was going and so quickly.  My friend was with me and remember saying "failing this will be a good thing and praying that I did." with my hearing it was hard to know what to pray for, but my only prayer was regaining hearing some sort of wa, whether it meant the CI or naturally. This time failing the hearing screening was a good thing, in a sense of hope with being able to regain hearing back through the CI.  I know this journey is just begining in feeling hopeful that I will be able to hear things that I have forgotten.  Yes I have to admit that there are some anxieties going on right no, but the excitement is outweighing it and just so ready.  Many people have asked me "what is it like and what does it sound like"  To give you a picture of it, I describe or have people imagine plugging their ears with ear plugs and going a normal day just to get a sense.  Yes many people first think silence is what a person hear and that is what i thought too.  yes my world is quiet and faint. I may not be able to hear sounds or make out speech very well but in exchange I get loud ringing in my ears that goes with my silent world.  Thing sound faint and vry quiet.  I often feel that I am in a different world or sometimes in between two worlds.  i am very hopeful with this surgery and even though it will take a lot of patience and determination, i am ready for it.  I am also praying that it helps settle my vertigo down as that is uncertain.  everyone with menieres response differently to treatment.  As some days I feel insecure with it,  I often remind myself that God loves me for who I am and I am his child. He will never leave me and he accepts me fully.  Yes in one week I willl have a bionaic ear (the company is advanced bionics).    Losing my hearing has been a scary and filled with uncertainities, but even though I will lose my natural hearing I have more to gain than to lose.  Yes ONE WEEK :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment