Dear Friends and Family,Thank-you for joining me in my journey with my
hearing loss and walk with the Cochlear Implant. I want to start this blog not
only to keep you posted but also share my journey and how God is working in my
life through this trial. I have been encouraged by others in their journey
through hearing loss and the steps that they have taken with the cochlear
implant. One of my goals through this blog is be an encourager to others as
they may take this journey like myself.Thanks for taking the time to walk
with me in this journey and support me through this time. It is neat seeing how
God is working in my life through this time. I hope you enjoy.

Monday, February 6, 2012

30 Days

The message yesterday at church was an encouragement to me as a reminder that Jesus is the one that satisfies our needs. It is not about the things that we have that satisfies us it is Jesus that we need over all.  I know I can get distracted from things that I want or think I need and this was a good reminder of my own personal relationship with him.  I connect this to the events of the past weeks happenings.  Although my want right now is to be able to hear better, I know that God is working through me on this and sustaining me with peace among the obstacles that I am facing.  This past week I had another meniere's episode and it has dropped my hearing significantly.  Things sound more silently using my left hearing aid.  As I noted this as it happened, I have to admit I got scared, but also I felt a sense of peace within me knowing that things will be okay.  I still have not regained the hearing back and I am okay with it.  I am not giving up and know that God is going to provide and help me through this time.  I am anxious to begin to memorize John 15:1-17
The words to yesterday closing song stick in my head "Give me Jesus" and "Turn your Eyes Upon Jesus"
Thanks to those who came down to pray for me yesterday and for your ongoing prayers and support

Yes 30 days today in the countdown :)

No comments:

Post a Comment