Dear Friends and Family,Thank-you for joining me in my journey with my
hearing loss and walk with the Cochlear Implant. I want to start this blog not
only to keep you posted but also share my journey and how God is working in my
life through this trial. I have been encouraged by others in their journey
through hearing loss and the steps that they have taken with the cochlear
implant. One of my goals through this blog is be an encourager to others as
they may take this journey like myself.Thanks for taking the time to walk
with me in this journey and support me through this time. It is neat seeing how
God is working in my life through this time. I hope you enjoy.

Friday, February 3, 2012

Update


I spoke with my sinus doctor at JH yesterday and he has been in contact with my allergist.  The flares that I have that seem like it is a cold or an infection is more allergy related, they sometimes do turn to infections.  We agreed that these flares also have an impact on my Menieres and trigger episodes, which is very common as a trigger.  I have noted this for awhile.  It feels good to know that my doctors are all working hand in hand with getting the treatments I need.  I am so grateful that God has provided a place like JH, your don't often get phone calls from your doctors themselves, but they do at JH.
On second note, I have recently discovered an online chat and forums through the Advanced bionics and have met some other people with cochlear implants.  It is neat connecting with others and hearing their stories.  The thing that stuck out to me last night on the chat was people noting the different things that they could hear with the cochlear implant.  I was thinking I will be able to soon hear those sounds again.  Some of the people there this is all new to them, for me I have heard the sounds before but can no longer hear them.  So all the sounds that I have forgotten or missed will come back.  It has been encouraging knowing the hope that lies ahead.  It makes me more and more ready for this.  Have a great day and enjoy your weekend. :)
Phil: 4:13 "I can do anything through him, who gives me strength."

No comments:

Post a Comment