Dear Friends and Family,Thank-you for joining me in my journey with my
hearing loss and walk with the Cochlear Implant. I want to start this blog not
only to keep you posted but also share my journey and how God is working in my
life through this trial. I have been encouraged by others in their journey
through hearing loss and the steps that they have taken with the cochlear
implant. One of my goals through this blog is be an encourager to others as
they may take this journey like myself.Thanks for taking the time to walk
with me in this journey and support me through this time. It is neat seeing how
God is working in my life through this time. I hope you enjoy.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Memory Weekend in the Mountains

I just returned from spending a wonderful time in the mountains with my family (Dad and my sisters and nephews and niece).  It was the first time that I had been up since we made a memorial by the creek for my mom.  Yes I shed another set of tears missing her and remembering the memories that we shared.  It was just nice being together and glad that we have one another as we all continue to miss mom. 
On Saturday, there was a helicopter that everyone heard and spotted.  I saw it but could not hear it, but I thought soon I will be able to hear many sounds that I have been missing.  I think there will be sounds that I don't miss too.  This can be a challenge for me but I have learned to be okay with it.  We did have a little snow but this is one year we have not had enough to one get stuck or two go sledding which is something that we enjoy having an awesome hill to use.
On Friday I had my pre-surgerical physical which went well, now just have a couple tests that I need to get.  Everything is going well and have not heard any issues regarding problems with the insurance which is a good sign, meaning things are covered :)  17 more days until surgery
I am currently working on some writings that I will soon post to share. One is it is like to have a hearing loss as many people have asked or question. 

Two songs that stick out to me through the weekend
"Forever Reign"
"The Stand"

No comments:

Post a Comment