Dear Friends and Family,Thank-you for joining me in my journey with my
hearing loss and walk with the Cochlear Implant. I want to start this blog not
only to keep you posted but also share my journey and how God is working in my
life through this trial. I have been encouraged by others in their journey
through hearing loss and the steps that they have taken with the cochlear
implant. One of my goals through this blog is be an encourager to others as
they may take this journey like myself.Thanks for taking the time to walk
with me in this journey and support me through this time. It is neat seeing how
God is working in my life through this time. I hope you enjoy.

Monday, April 30, 2012

Wow moments--2 weeks post activation

I continue to be amazed with how I am progressing with  the CI and just having the feature of Clear Voice.  As I reflected back on the week, the birds are sounding more and more amazing than ever and trying to pick out what type of bird that I am actually hearing.  I am enjoying nature more than ever being able to hear more things. 
PTL my twitching is getting better, but have to keep the settings low and try short periods of the higher settings gradually.  Hopefully this will work and not have to go back to the old programs, which would be a trip down before my next appointment and that means I am more progressing than taking a step back. 
My balance is progressing and doing very well with therapy and seeing improvements with it. :) I am progressing to more challenging activities and always eager to try new things.
Today I went for a walk with my friend and yes my pace is back to normal and walking much quicker. I have to say I am eager to start jogging again and know I am getting there with therapy.  Today, there was a biker behind me and my friend pulled me over to let me know that someone was passing us, as the biker passed I could catch a little glimpse of the sound the bike made.  Just little moments of these things that I am hearing just continue to amaze me. 
It is exciting in taking steps forward.
I continuing with auditory therapy and that includes interacting with others, listening to books on tape and listening to music and watching tv, but also listening to surrounding sounds.  I have to say I am enjoying the many children's books on tape.  Voices are becoming easier and less cartoonish, except mens voices are still high pitch sounding (sorry guys you do still sound like mickey mouse).  Some voices are stilll squeaky but I am being able to understand more speech.  It is helpful following along for a message at church or book on tape in this process, but able to actually follow is becoming easier.  Yes this is exhausting but a good exhaustion.  Many people are enjoying that I change the colors with my processor and my pick of the day.  I like the pink.  I am very open about people asking about it.
This past weekend I attended a women's retreat with my church and it was amazing and just the message that I needed to hear.  A great reminder of who I am in Christ. On Friday evening the speaker handed me the notes for me to follow along, on the notes there was a sticky note with this quote "Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the storm because our hope is in Christ."  As many of you know or recognize this quote from my mom.  It is one that I hold onto too through this time.  I told the speaker how much and why that quote means so much to me, she was very encourage and we both agree that that sticky note was to be on the outline notes.  Just a blessing from God and a reminder I needed.
The one new song really stuck out to me "You Made Us Your Own"

No comments:

Post a Comment