Dear Friends and Family,Thank-you for joining me in my journey with my
hearing loss and walk with the Cochlear Implant. I want to start this blog not
only to keep you posted but also share my journey and how God is working in my
life through this trial. I have been encouraged by others in their journey
through hearing loss and the steps that they have taken with the cochlear
implant. One of my goals through this blog is be an encourager to others as
they may take this journey like myself.Thanks for taking the time to walk
with me in this journey and support me through this time. It is neat seeing how
God is working in my life through this time. I hope you enjoy.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Back to Church and 11 days

It was great being back in church yesterday, the first time since my surgery.  Since it was April's Fools Day, many people and I decided to go crazy with our hair since part of my hair was shaved for the surgery.  You can still tell but my hair is growing back. And the incision is barely noticable.  No issue with infection in the incision site.  PTL.  It was great seeing everyone and good to be feeling up to doing more things.  I still give myself time to rest as my body is still recovering but things are improving. :)
I am gaining more and more of my balance back, it does get worse when the vertigo kicks in but from the surgery it is getting better and I am able to walk 2 miles with some support, but getting stronger :)  I have to say I am itching to run and bike again.  I will start vestibular therapy to help with the balance and coordination.  It is the coordination with my vestibular system that is affecting my balance verses my muscle strength (that part is good and strong).  Each time I go for a walk with someone I keep pushing to do a little more and gaining more strength.  Exercise will be a continued thing to keep my balance in line like I was doing before the surgery.
In basically now 10 days YAY!!! I have activation and will be retraining my right ear to hear with the CI.  This is exciting and so ready for it.  The best part is seeing my sister and her family in Maryland. 
As activation comes coming Yes I am excited but yet not sure what to expect with  "turn on" this is all new but new and exciting. It will take time to adjust and it is not an overnight thing, I describe that I have a computer in my brain/ear that helps me hear. Sounds will not be the same at first and will sound strange.  I often get nervous and worried but remind myself that God has a plan and that he is with me each step of the way. 

1 comment:

  1. Tomorrow is the day! So happy for you, Amber and praying that you can hear again!
    Love you!
    Aunt Judy

    ReplyDelete