Dear Friends and Family,Thank-you for joining me in my journey with my
hearing loss and walk with the Cochlear Implant. I want to start this blog not
only to keep you posted but also share my journey and how God is working in my
life through this trial. I have been encouraged by others in their journey
through hearing loss and the steps that they have taken with the cochlear
implant. One of my goals through this blog is be an encourager to others as
they may take this journey like myself.Thanks for taking the time to walk
with me in this journey and support me through this time. It is neat seeing how
God is working in my life through this time. I hope you enjoy.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Tweaking Session 2 and my Neptune

Today I headed back to JH for more tweaking/mapping session.  Not sure what I want to call it.  I received my other processor the off the ear one and waterproof.  It is called the Neptune.  I have lot of new toys.  I am still adjusting to the new settings on the programs.  This is going to take time, the best way to help retrain my brain to hear is by communicating with people, listening to books on tape and other exercises.  I think I will make a trip to the library this week to get some books on tape (starting with Children's).
I will continue with vestibular therapy and exercising is something that will be ongoing for me to keep my vestibular system strong.  This is something that I am thrilled about as I enjoy it.  Right now I am building back up, but eventually get back to riding bike and running.  I am cleared to drive as long as I am not having vertigo or dizziness and not to or after therapy as it makes me dizzy with the exercises righ now.
On the journey home, Dad and I stopped for lunch.  It was great spending time with Dad and talking with him.  It was also nice to spend time with my sister and the kids and helping them out with their flower beds.  I am just overjoyed and amazed what I am hearing even though I am not sure what all I am hearing.  It feels good to hear and it is a precious gift. 
The two songs that come to my mind are "Rejoice in the Lord" and "The Saving One."  

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you, Amber!!! I like the 3 P's..good for everyone, including me!
    Love you!
    Aunt Judy

    ReplyDelete