Dear Friends and Family,Thank-you for joining me in my journey with my
hearing loss and walk with the Cochlear Implant. I want to start this blog not
only to keep you posted but also share my journey and how God is working in my
life through this trial. I have been encouraged by others in their journey
through hearing loss and the steps that they have taken with the cochlear
implant. One of my goals through this blog is be an encourager to others as
they may take this journey like myself.Thanks for taking the time to walk
with me in this journey and support me through this time. It is neat seeing how
God is working in my life through this time. I hope you enjoy.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Activation Day Awaits Me

It is hard to believe that my activation day is FINALLY here (well tomorrow). I am VERY excited for this moment to finally be here.  Soon I may complain that things are "TOO" loud, but it will be a good thing and feel good to hear with that ear.
The last couple weeks have been very hard but also very busy, so that has helped.  My appointment for tomorrow is just with my audiologist and than monday again with her and meeting with my doctor.  I am continuing vestibular therapy and was very excited about using the stationary bike, even though it creates issues, it felt good to be on the bike again.  Working my way up to the road bike.  They are giving several exercises in strengthening and retraining my vestibular system.  My therapist is great and helping me out a lot.
As I have been feeling anxious with many changes going on there are two passages that have encouraged me through this time.
" Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God with transcends all understandings, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." --Philippans 4:6-7

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear.  Is not life more important than food and the body more important that clothes?...But seek first his kingdown and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own."---Matthew 6:25, 31,33-34

One thing I always look forward to is being with my sister and her family.  Now Friday the 13ths will be my lucky days.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment