Dear Friends and Family,Thank-you for joining me in my journey with my
hearing loss and walk with the Cochlear Implant. I want to start this blog not
only to keep you posted but also share my journey and how God is working in my
life through this trial. I have been encouraged by others in their journey
through hearing loss and the steps that they have taken with the cochlear
implant. One of my goals through this blog is be an encourager to others as
they may take this journey like myself.Thanks for taking the time to walk
with me in this journey and support me through this time. It is neat seeing how
God is working in my life through this time. I hope you enjoy.

Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Weekend

Happy Easter Everyone.  A little late oh well.  I hope that everyone enjoyed their Easter.  Easter was different for all of us being in different places but also refreshing.  My Dad and I headed to the mountains for Easter.  We stopped for dinner and there was a song playing and Dad said "This song reminds me of Mom." I asked him what the song was?  It was an oldie song I forget the title.  We talked about somethings that reminded us of mom, certain flowers, trees, songs, etc.  As we turned into our driveway, we spotted a deer in the yard, Simba too and he went off barking.  As we got closer we realized that there were actually 4 deer. 
We planted (or Dad did) a willow tree by the pond.  We took some daffodils bulbs down to Mom's memorial site and planted some there.  Dad started to build to stake out for a deck on the back of the house.  It was just nice to be together.
It was great to get away for the weekend and one that I needed to. This weekend I was able to re-focus and be reminded of God's Love for me and everyone.  One song that came into my head was "Oh the Deep Deep Love of Jesus."  The words have touched me in so many ways right now, through this journey in my life.  It reassured me in many ways and areas that I need to build on. 
The two pictures that I took that I am connecting with is the weeping willow and the bluebell flowers.  The blue bells as they are a bulb in the ground and think of life as they grow.


Four DAYS!!!!
As I came back from the mountains, an email was waiting for me and included several passages of scriptures.  It was neat in reflecting on them.
Psalm 23:2
1 Peter 5:10
Psalm 91:11
Psalm 103
2 Timothy 1:7

No comments:

Post a Comment