Dear Friends and Family,Thank-you for joining me in my journey with my
hearing loss and walk with the Cochlear Implant. I want to start this blog not
only to keep you posted but also share my journey and how God is working in my
life through this trial. I have been encouraged by others in their journey
through hearing loss and the steps that they have taken with the cochlear
implant. One of my goals through this blog is be an encourager to others as
they may take this journey like myself.Thanks for taking the time to walk
with me in this journey and support me through this time. It is neat seeing how
God is working in my life through this time. I hope you enjoy.

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Happy Sunday

Yesterday was an eventful day with the CI.  I am getting use to it but yes it makes my head ande ear sore, but worth it with hearing through the CI.  The adventures continues.  It is very difficult to make out voices (normal), so still lip reading.  Speech is the hardest to understand.  I can detect sounds but some I have a hard time identifying with, but I can hear.  I often have to get help of what I am actually hearing.  My nephew Austin does sound like Mickey as other voices. 
One highlight that I tried yesterday was talking on video Skype with my girlfriend. It was a challenged but thanks to her she slowed down enough for me to read her lips.  Hearing is exhausting, but feels good.  I go back tomorrow for more programming and to get my Neptune processor which is off the ear and waterproof.  I have been ready for this moment for a long time and yes it takes time, patience, perservance and being persistant (3 P's). 
Dad and I have spent the weekend with my sister and her family.  It has been a joy and we have been helping them out with their flower beds.  I am able to do more things and that feels good.  My sister dug out a lot of tulip, daffodils, croucus, and many other bulbs that I am going to bring back with me to plant in my flower beds.  It has been a great joy being with the kids.  Austin has not asked what is on my head though and Penny has not tried to grab it which I thought she might. 
We did video tape the activation and I will post pictures of my processor and all the toys it came with when I get back.
Continuing to rejoicing in the Lord with this journey and blessing to hear. :)  Have a great Day

No comments:

Post a Comment