Dear Friends and Family,Thank-you for joining me in my journey with my
hearing loss and walk with the Cochlear Implant. I want to start this blog not
only to keep you posted but also share my journey and how God is working in my
life through this trial. I have been encouraged by others in their journey
through hearing loss and the steps that they have taken with the cochlear
implant. One of my goals through this blog is be an encourager to others as
they may take this journey like myself.Thanks for taking the time to walk
with me in this journey and support me through this time. It is neat seeing how
God is working in my life through this time. I hope you enjoy.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Activation Day

Thanks to all who sent texts and your prayers for today.  It was a big day and yes I am tired.  Activation went well and things sound "wild and crazy" so to speak.  I knew that I would not hear everything and be able to follow speech right away and that it will take time for me to adjust to all the sounds I forgot and understand speech. 
What it sounds like?  the sounds are noisy yet soft in some ways and it is hard to tell what it is right away or where it is coming from, this is normal and my audiologist (awesome one) said just ask others what I am hearing if I cannot make it out.  Speech and voices sound very scratchy and like someone is speaking underwater yet cartoonish.  So yes like disney characters.  Which makes me laugh.  When they first turned it on, I was suprised and not sure what to expect.  Very amazing and just felt good to hear. I still need to be lip reading and close to someone. 
Today I was on program 1 and tomorrow I got to 2 and Sunday 3.  I can adjust the volume on the programs.  I return monday for more adjustments and also meeting with my doctor. I am grateful to bei hearing right now and trying to pick out different sounds. I took a walk shortly after getting back to my sisters trying to pick out sounds in nature.  Lawn mower was one thing going sounding werid and not sure what it was.  Traffic sounds like a whoosh under a tunnel.
I am turning in for the night.  Journey to hearing is exhausting as well as exciting.
Scripture that comes to mind and someone reminded me of today. "This is the day that the Lord has made.  Let us rejoice and be glad in it."  Joyful for the gift of hearing and this journey.
I will soon post pictures of all my new toys

No comments:

Post a Comment