Dear Friends and Family,Thank-you for joining me in my journey with my
hearing loss and walk with the Cochlear Implant. I want to start this blog not
only to keep you posted but also share my journey and how God is working in my
life through this trial. I have been encouraged by others in their journey
through hearing loss and the steps that they have taken with the cochlear
implant. One of my goals through this blog is be an encourager to others as
they may take this journey like myself.Thanks for taking the time to walk
with me in this journey and support me through this time. It is neat seeing how
God is working in my life through this time. I hope you enjoy.

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Welcoming myself to the Bilateral Hearing World

I am offically bilaterally hearing. 
Back to the crazy sounds of underwater hearing on the left side, while the right continues to do well.  A little lopsided, but this will normalize and improve.  When they activated the right side, I did hear speech right away, the left side not the same, hearing sounds but speech is still to come.  With both on I can hear speech.  But I know it will improve and my brain will adjust to it like the other one did.  I went in with low expectations which helps not feeling disappointed.  I am not feeling discouraged but encouraged to be able to hear, and bilaterally.  I just think "Just keep swimming."
My audiologist also worked with my right processor making some adjustments and giving me t-coil on a setting to try with the phone.  She wants me to try and see if I like it. People either love it or hate it, so we will see. 
My appointment went long and they had some issues with the internet connection and software there so it made things more adventureous.  The one thing that my audiologist was wondering and hoping for is to get my twitching settled.  With having both sides activated it may help that and so far so good. 
As I was waiting, I talked with another patience (child) mom with an implant and she was so encouraging and grateful for the gift of a cochlear implant for a person to hear.  I also found out that her son was also blind.  I also talked with another couple who's wife was considering and being evaluated for the CI.  She was and her husband were encouraged seeing the progress of my implant and the little boy with it.  It is neat how God places you at the right times. Losing your hearing is very upsetting and just seeing others with CI and how they make a difference in their lives is always encouraging in the journey.
It was a joy listenign to Christmas music on the way in and back again :)  Something I am enjoying a lot more these days.
I am just grateful for my team at JH and PT for making a difference in my life. 
Two quotes God brings to mind "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain."
"God did not promise days without pain, laughter without tears, nor the sun without rain. But he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way."
Thanks for all your prayers and support. Praying for continued progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment