Dear Friends and Family,Thank-you for joining me in my journey with my
hearing loss and walk with the Cochlear Implant. I want to start this blog not
only to keep you posted but also share my journey and how God is working in my
life through this trial. I have been encouraged by others in their journey
through hearing loss and the steps that they have taken with the cochlear
implant. One of my goals through this blog is be an encourager to others as
they may take this journey like myself.Thanks for taking the time to walk
with me in this journey and support me through this time. It is neat seeing how
God is working in my life through this time. I hope you enjoy.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Soon to be Bilaterally activated.

I have to say, there is some connection with dates of appointments at John Hopkins and storms.  First my second cochlear implant surgery was right around Hurricane Sandy and now right before activation a snow comes through our way.  Great way to bring in the bilateral hearing.
I am contining to do well with recovery and my energy level is getting stronger each day.  I continue therapy 2x week and doing home exercises in regaining my balance back.  As some exercises are frustrating, my therapist loves my positive attitude and motivation through therapy.  We also like to joke together.  In some ways I want to do more challenging things but it is a gradual process so I don't have set backs. 
On wednesday I am traveling down to Maryland for my activation on Thursday on my left side.  Let see what I will hear first this time?  I am excited and so ready for this.  It is hard to believe that it is here already.  My hearing is all computerized now, but it is that or nothing.  I continue to be amazed how I am doing with one and just wondering how great hearing from two ears. No more single-sided deafness.  It has been exciting seeing God at work in all this and answering many prayers.  He continues to remind me to trust in him and seek his provision.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment