Dear Friends and Family,Thank-you for joining me in my journey with my
hearing loss and walk with the Cochlear Implant. I want to start this blog not
only to keep you posted but also share my journey and how God is working in my
life through this trial. I have been encouraged by others in their journey
through hearing loss and the steps that they have taken with the cochlear
implant. One of my goals through this blog is be an encourager to others as
they may take this journey like myself.Thanks for taking the time to walk
with me in this journey and support me through this time. It is neat seeing how
God is working in my life through this time. I hope you enjoy.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Two week Post Op

It is hard to believe that 2 weeks ago I had my Bilateral cochlear implant.  I just want to say thank-you to all your prayers through this time and journey with me.  I am doing very well with recovery and regaining strength more and more each day.  Yes the first 10-12 days were the most challenging, but that is behind me.  I just ask that you continue to keep praying that thing continue in this direction.  I still have days of dizziness but much better and improving. (THis is a much answer to prayer).
Yesterday I started therapy for my balance.  Some people are affected with balance problems with this surgery.  Yes I am one of those lucky person :) Since I was exercising a lot and right up until my surgery my body strength has been much stronger this time around.  And my doctors decided to begin therapy 2 weeks after surgery.  While I stronger, therapy is still going to be intense.  But I am so motivated and determined and know the end results and I will be back to running and biking soon.  I am so LONGING for a bike ride and more road biking, but for now I am content with being allow to do much more things.  While there are some things that are not easy in therapy and yes it will be intense I am all for it.  I don't find exercising a chore but enjoy it.  I keep reminding myself of the Little Engine that Could (can).  THrough many challenges I have faced I always feel that God brings that character to me.  So chugging along.
I have spent time reading, writing and listening to a lot of music that is filling my spirit as I recover. One thing I have enjoyed is getting up each morning and having an email from my roomie in college await and writing back and forth each day.  The last week I have been enjoying going out to the park and walking with different friends.  Just being outside in nature is so healing to me, God just brings different things about life to me.
There as some days that I question things and my girlfriend told me about a song by Natalie Grant called "Held"  It reminds us that no matter what we may face in life, big or small that God is with me each step of the way.  I also found and explore other very touching songs by her as well.  God continues to remind me to be patient and showing me contentment through each moment.
As I know that this journey is not over and in someways just beginning, I am reminded in staying positive and perserving through each step of the way and God is helping to grow more and more with trusting in him.
 Praying for everyone that God may bless you in a special way today.

No comments:

Post a Comment