Dear Friends and Family,Thank-you for joining me in my journey with my
hearing loss and walk with the Cochlear Implant. I want to start this blog not
only to keep you posted but also share my journey and how God is working in my
life through this trial. I have been encouraged by others in their journey
through hearing loss and the steps that they have taken with the cochlear
implant. One of my goals through this blog is be an encourager to others as
they may take this journey like myself.Thanks for taking the time to walk
with me in this journey and support me through this time. It is neat seeing how
God is working in my life through this time. I hope you enjoy.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Adventures Kayaking with Neptune

This weekend my family and I went to our mountain house for the memorial day weekend.  It was a great time up there just being with family.  We had a great weekend weather wise, no rain. 
My  adventure was being on the kayak and using my neptune processor.  What a difference from hearing the paddle in the water to being able to talk with some people. I was indulging on all the sounds. This was the first taking it in water. 
Things are coming along with the hearing and I continue to be amazed with God's goodness and grace through this time.  I have to say I come to appreciate the gift of hearing, it is something that we take for granted. 
One verse that has been playing in my head is Proverb 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make you paths straight."

1 comment:

  1. How exciting for you, Amber, to be able to hear sounds again even though it is bits and pieces!!! God is real good!
    Love you!
    Aunt Judy

    ReplyDelete