Dear Friends and Family,Thank-you for joining me in my journey with my
hearing loss and walk with the Cochlear Implant. I want to start this blog not
only to keep you posted but also share my journey and how God is working in my
life through this trial. I have been encouraged by others in their journey
through hearing loss and the steps that they have taken with the cochlear
implant. One of my goals through this blog is be an encourager to others as
they may take this journey like myself.Thanks for taking the time to walk
with me in this journey and support me through this time. It is neat seeing how
God is working in my life through this time. I hope you enjoy.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Alright 13 days til being Bilateral Bionic Women (wired for sound)

The last several weeks sped by fast and now only 13 days left until I go Bilateral with the cochlear implant.  I often think back to when I was getting evaluated for the first one and did not think that I would have both ears done in the same year, but it is really happening.
All pre-op stuff is completed and now just waiting for the day to come. Between resting and getting ready, I have been helping a family out with two children who they also lost their mom suddenly the same year I did and helping my dad with yard work and cleaning the house for him when I am feeling good. 
At this point people are asking questions "Are you nervous?"  "Are you sure this is the right direction to go?"  As I look at these questions, I reflect back on the way people doubted when Jesus rose from the grave.  In response to these questions, No I am not nervous or anxious, I am excited more over and ready.  Ready to being hearing on both sides (come end of November) and ready for some relief from the menieres attacks. I know that my hearing will never be perfect but this is the best thing that I can do for myself to help me to be able to return to work and feel better.  So yes this is the right direction to go.  I spent a lot of time praying for this and direction of where God is leading me.  One thing I look forward to is not having to worry about which side someone is on to be able to hear.  I know my right ear my be dominant now and that there will still be obstacles.  I will always be deaf yet hearing too.
My family and I joke about putting all the annoying sleeping habits that people pose when we go away with me, b/c it does not bother me and I sleep right through it.  So bring on the coughers, baby crying and snorers. :) 
God is continuing to teach me contentment through this time and really learning to trust in him through all things. Just continuing to pray for continued guidance and wisdom with working with the doctors.
No I am not looking forward to recovery but know that there is light at the end and God will give me the strength that I need every step of the way and the courage to embrace through the challenges.
Thank-you for your continued support and prayers through this long journey :)


2 comments:

  1. Best of luck as you count down to bilateral hearing! This is a great blog and I hope you'll consider adding it to Deaf Village (www.deafvillage.com), a blog community for hearing loss blogs from around the world.

    Happy Hearing!

    --Elizabeth, Deaf Village Co-Founder and Moderator

    ReplyDelete